Your maintenance team holds your company together. It provides you with multiple benefits. These include keeping your building safe and secure for anyone who visits. In addition, your team helps to create the right environment for your workers.
Considering all of these factors, it is important to protect your maintenance team. Because they tend to do some of the more challenging and high-risk jobs on any company site. But, does your worker’s compensation plan provide enough coverage for these risks?
Analyze Your Business Insurance First
Analyze your existing workers compensation insurance plan. Determine what type of coverage it offers. It’s important to stay up to date on the type and amount of coverage you have. This defines just how much coverage is in place to handle claims of every size.
You also want to reduce risks present on your property that your insurance excludes. Read the terms of your business insurance plan carefully.
How to Minimize Risks
How can you minimize the risk of needing to file a workers compensation claim? These tips can help:
- Observe Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for the work your employees handle. If you are unsure about workplace environments, contact OSHA. The office can give your more guidance based on the type of operation present.
- Put in place comprehensive training programs that focus on providing your team with ongoing training. Continuing training can help workers learn not just how to do their job, but how to do their job safely.
- Be sure your team has and uses all necessary safety equipment. This may include everything from harnesses to masks and shields. Enforce the use of these systems to minimize risks.
- Work in a buddy system. Ensure you have two people present at all times to minimize the risk of injury due to lack of support or guidance.
- Monitor your team on an ongoing basis. If you see the team taking unnecessary risks, discuss with them how to make the situation safer. Avoid employing individuals who violate terms consistently.
By taking these steps, it is possible to ensure your workers are safe. With a comprehensive workers compensation insurance plan in place, you reduce the risk of having to pay out for accidents.
We have your Calabasas workers compensation insurance needs in mind. Gary Warner Insurance Agency, Inc. can help you get a fast, free quote for the coverage you need. Call us at (818) 706-8625 for more information.