Your company’s vehicles are likely a big part of your business’ expenses and assets. That’s why you should maintain your cars. You should also cover them with strong commercial auto insurance policies.
Commercial auto insurance has higher comprehensive, property damage and personal injury limits than standard car insurance policies. This helps protect your assets from loss in the face of auto accidents and incidents.
Most commercial vehicle insurance policies cover theft. If a company car gets stolen, then you can likely file a claim for the losses. You will likely receive compensation for that claim.
However, you should take all necessary steps to protect your company vehicles from theft. Check out a few special steps to ensure that your company vehicles are at low risk of theft.
- Have strict use policies in place. Make sure your employees know proper car security processes. Require employees to turn off and lock cars, keep the keys with them, and keep an eye on the car at all times. Vigilant employees will reduce your risks.
- Don’t store important business materials in your vehicles. If you leave electronics, money or other high-value items in the car, then secure them. Put them in the glove compartment or trunk. This keeps the items out of sight. An empty car could reduce the temptation to steal it because of its contents.
- If you store your vehicles on company property, protect them when leaving them alone. Lock them and arm their security systems after every use. If you can, store your vehicle in a locked garage or well-lit, fenced area. You will reduce the risk of theft.
- Make sure that your vehicles have anti-theft and alarm systems in place. You can install kill switches, steering wheel locks and other preventative measures in the car. Make sure that alarm systems always function.
- Don’t keep your car’s registration easily accessible. Lock it in the glove compartment and keep a copy of the registration in your office. This ensures that if someone steals the vehicle, you can prove ownership.
By taking appropriate steps, you can reduce the risks your company cars face. You can reduce your risks of ever having to file a commercial auto insurance claim.
Gary Warner Insurance Agency, Inc. is here to help you protect your car. Calabasas commercial auto insurance can protect you when unfortunate thefts occur. Explore commercial auto insurance options on our website. You can also call us today at (818) 706-8625 for more information.