Any busy owner has a responsibility to clients and to the general public. He or she needs to take steps to ensure that his or her workplace, products and professional advice will not cause harm in any way. Accidents happen, however, and things can go wrong, which is why it’s essential to obtain the general liability insurance California businesses need.

Essentially, liability insurance protects businesses if they are sued for events that are covered by the policy. In today’s litigious times, a business being sued is a common occurrence. Circumstances that lead to this might include someone being injured while on your property, suffering harm from a faulty or defective product or losing money as a direct result of a service you provide. The liability insurance is designed to cover legal fees and a payout if you are found liable, but how well you’re covered depends on how much insurance you take out.

If you’re wondering how to get general liability insurance, California business owners can do so by asking their insurance agents to include this type of coverage under their business insurance policy. There are also a range of additional liability insurance products available, including errors and omissions insurance, employment practices liability coverage, directors and officers liability coverage and umbrella insurance policies, which provide additional and extensive coverage against the possibility of very high losses.

The type of liability insurance you take out will determined  in part by your field of business, so always seek professional advice as to what is the most appropriate option for your unique operation.

Posted 12:00 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version